10/23/2014

REVIEW : Shadows (Lux 0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Synopsis

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.



Review

I think it was a great idea to write a prequel novel for this series in Dawson's and Beth's (and well sometimes Daemon's) POV to kind of understand Daemon's actions in manly Obsidian more than we already know of.

And you aswell just see Dawson's and Beth's feeling for each other more clearly because it focused on them and not as in the series on Katy and Daemon.

I personally read Shadows after I finished the Lux series because of the contexts and I would say it was a good decision that way and I'd recommend others to do it the same order.
★★★★★


xo Anne

4 comments:

  1. I never finished the Lux series though this might cause me to read it again!

    Amelia @ YA Bookologists (ya-bookologists.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should continue it! It is just sooo amazing and from the third book it is just *o*

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to re-read this series including this novella :)

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/review-maze-runner-maze-runner-1-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This novella really is great! Re-reading may be too soon for me now but next year in summer I will definitely go and read it for the second time (:

      Delete

Thank you for commenting ♥
I will reply soon!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...