6/18/2014

REVIEW : Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle #1) by Rachel Hawkins

Synopsis

Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.


Review

I had really high preconditions for this book because I've just hears amazing about this book in Booktube and on Goodreads
And I really loved it !

At the beginning I was a little bit confused by the writing style of this book but when I got better into it, it was a really cool style (:

I think it started really fast because Harper wasn't in this world from the beginning so you hadn't much explaination about it at the start.
This came when she got involved in this whole thing but it was good because so the reader can be also Harper and get all explained together with her.
 
I really liked all the characters, and I really love David, but I think when Leigh-Anne got the first time mentioned, Harper or her family could have said more about her story because I sat in front of the book and was just questioning who Leigh-Anne is..

Harper as the protagonist was okay. She wasn't my favorite character of all time but also not my worst.
In the beginning I was just thinking : "What an annoying girl", but through the book I liked here more and more, and  in some parts, eg when she get offered something, she was still annoying, but it wasn't worse.

And the plot was really cool too and you could easily jump in.

To be honest I haven't really got an idea what kind of genre (apart from YA) it is, but it's definitely my type (:

So I ended up giving this book


and I'm really looking forward to the second book 'Miss Mayhem'.


This was my first Review, so please don't be this detered :D


See y'all ♥

xo Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥
I will reply soon!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...