1/12/2019

Reading Resolutions for 2019

Hi you all!

Even though it already is almost mid-January, I wanted to post my 2019 reading resolutions. This actually is more for myself than for you, but I know that a lot of people really like seeing and reading these kinds of posts.
Since this year I really want to get back into reading (the last two years were, due to A-levels, quite stressful and I wasn't able to read much), my goals aren't ambitious but rather do-able.
And I suppose, it would be fun to look back at them at the end of the year and check, which I did accomplish and which I didn't.


So let's just get them over with:


1. Reading Goal / Goodreads Challenge
  • I want to read 12 books this year. 
I know, it is not a lot, but I rather read more than that than not accomplish it at all. And since I already finished 3 books so far in January, I might even raise the goal on Goodreads as the year continues. If you want to check out, if I do raise my Goodreads Challenge goal, feel free to follow me (or add me as a friend) on Goodreads!

2. The books that count towards my goal
  • In the last couple of years, I only counted the "actual" books I fully read towards my reading goal. This year I want to change that and count manga towards it too since I read a lot of those as well.
  • Furthermore, I will count my DNF's, still not towards my reading goal, but because I want to use a spreadsheet (credits to Crini) to have more stats on my reading, there I will mark my DNF's too.

3. Statistics
So this leads to my third goal: I want to analyse my reading more and therefore will use the mentioned spreadsheet from Crini to do so:
  • What genre did I read the most of?
  • Did I read more male, female or mixed/other authors?
  • What was the average length of the books I read?
  • My best and my worst reading months?
And so on. I suppose you know where this is going.


4. TBR
I counted my physical TBR at the beginning of 2019 and it contained 74 books. For some, this might be a pretty small TBR, but I still want to reduce it as much as I can. 
  • I would love to reduce my TBR to 50-55 books (but I don't want to pressure myself).
  • To achieve that, I want to unhaul books that I am quite sure about not wanting to read anymore or I just lost my interest in them. 
  • Furthermore, I don't want to buy as many books anymore but only the ones I am very interested in and excited about. I don't want to go on a book-buying-ban but I just want to be more careful with what I spend my money on.

5. Blog Goals
  • As for my blog, I don't want to pressure myself too much. I obviously want to get back into the book blogger community and I want to post regularly (thought about 1-2 posts a week), but if I don't have the time to post as often (especially if I have exam season), I don't want to put that weight on my shoulders to get a blog post out. I hope you all can understand this.
  • I thought about participating in Top5Wednesday again if I like the topic of that week. 
  • If I do a lot of book reviews, I don't know. I don't feel that confident about the quality of my review skills, but I want to try to do them anyway (just please bear with me if they aren't very good).
  • I want to try to do monthly wrap-ups od the books I read with a short review. So if I don't do a separate review for one book, you will always find my thoughts in a quick one at the end of the month.


So I think, these were all the resolutions for my reading in 2019.


Do you have any reading resolutions for this year? Feel free to leave them in a comment below!


xo Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥
I will reply soon!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...